At the moment, North Star Study Group is just getting started. This is a work in progress. Throughout 2019 – 2020, we started to meet regularly at The Clipper on Union Street in Plymouth and setup an online members group on Facebook to stay connected and share resources.
So far, we have run reading groups, walking tours, discussion events and partnered up with Take A Part’s Reverberations project to co-host events.
There’s always more we can do, so we’d love to hear from people who are interested in being involved…
Here’s what we’re up to at the moment:
- researching & writing funding applications – working out how best to raise funds, receive grants and donations
- looking for supporters & participants – finding out who is interested in taking part in the project in different ways
- getting the word out there – telling people about the ideas behind the project & sharing useful resources online
- setting up partnerships – talking to different people, groups, project partners & organisations who might be interested in working together and able to help us fulfil our aims
Here’s what we’d like to be doing more of:
- meeting up to learn together & discuss things – setting up new events to bring curious people together to share, question and talk about the things they are learning
- gathering, producing and sharing learning resources – finding & signposting stuff that is available for free online (like videos, webpages, podcasts, e-books, articles) and making new things if we need to
- supporting learners through bursaries, special challenges and learning groups – finding creative ways to help encourage curious people learn more about the North Star Study Group’s topics
Would you like to be involved?
You can register your interest in being part of North Star Study Group, or in supporting the project in other ways by filling in a short online form – follow the link below to the form…
I’ve still got questions…
Here’s a few FAQs – please do get in touch if you have other questions…